Saturday, October 1, 2011

Humbleness

Not a very long time ago i was praying about humbleness. I think is a key in our journey on this earth. Humbleness brings greatness.

Anyways as I prayed I thought about the passage in John 8:58 Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”  Jesus was the Son of God but in the same time He was a humble person.

What does humbleness means? As I found it defined in the dictionary it was something like 'marked by modesty in behavior, attitude or spirit.'  If you want humbleness is the opposite of  pride. Is not looking down on people. But in the same time to be humble doesn't mean to have a low self-esteem, humbleness does not mean insecurity. I believe that a humble person knows what he/she is able to do, know the gifts he/she has, but doesn't boast about it,  it is not proud, and knows that everything he/she is, it's through GOD.
Jesus was a humble person. He knew that He was the Son of God but He didn't boast about Him, or what He did, He boasted in the Father.

With true humility comes great and divine authority. I like this passage from John 8, Jesus was talking to the Pharisees and they were saying that they are the sons of God, and when Jesus said that he was the 'I am' they wanted to kill him because what He declared that He was GOD, the covenant keeping God, He was declaring that He was Jehovah, Yahweh. When Jesus declared this,  He did not say it in pride or insecurity, He declared in humility, but with great divine authority. Because with great humility comes great authority given by the Almighty one, our GOD.

As you grow in humbleness, you will also grow in the authority God gives you.

And then the last point is that humility comes with maturity, or maturity comes with humility. I don't really know which is the better way to put it, but the truth is that it comes together. Only a spiritually mature person can actually be humble.

You might be thinking now 'Well Alex, that's not gonna be me, I'm not mature, not even close'., Well I don't want you to feel discouraged because, I, myself am on this journey. Maturity and humbleness doesn't just happen, we grow into it. Little by little, faithful first in small things and then growing into bigger things. I do fail even now, but this doesn't mean I am not going to go for it again. We are a righteous people not because we are so perfect, or spiritually mature, but because of Jesus. 

I like what Proverbs 24:16 says 'for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
   but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes'.
We are human so we will fall, it is impossible to be perfect on this earth,  but we go for it and inspire to be as close to perfection as possible. But the difference is that a righteous man even if it falls 7times a day, he will get up and try again. 

So be encouraged, pray for humility, chase humility,  live humility, and when you fall, remember that you are a righteous person and get up, try again and NEVER GIVE UP!!

Be blessed

A.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment